Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
Based in Blackpool we supply Health and Social Care Professionals throughout Lancashire, there are currently several members of the field team who are studying for their NVQ/QCF Level 2 or Level 3 apprenticeship in health and social care; additionally we also have 3 of the office based team completing a NVQ/QCF Level 3’s in business administration.
Offering jobs and employment to Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers within the homecare, domiciliary care, residential and nursing care sector it is imperative that high quality training underpins the delivery of an excellent service.
As a registered nurse and registered CQC manager I think that good quality appropriate training is therefore invaluable; and working as an apprentice on a work-based training programme designed around the needs of the employer which leads to a nationally recognised qualification.
Here at Routes we are very proud of the career pathway that we can offer to those with a genuine desire to work in healthcare.
With little or no experience in the Health or Social Care sector you can start with our “Route into Care Course”. The course provides individuals with the opportunity to study the theoretical side of Health and social care whilst gaining some practical supervised placements and working within a team of like minded individuals.
Upon completion of this you will have attained the following:
- 9 core units of the level 2 diploma in Health and Social care
- Employability and personal development certificate level 2
- Functional math’s and English at level 1 and you will also complete
- Technical certificates in Health and social care.
WOW and that’s all in 8 weeks!
For further information, advice and guidance please contact Simon Hamer at GP Skills Training Academy, our training partners, who provide the intro to care course and NVQ/QCF diplomas on (07891)886 529.
On completion of the course you will then be invited to complete our in house ‘OfQual’ registered training in manual handling First Aid, medication, health and safety, food hygiene, fire safety and safeguarding training courses to mention just a few; you will also be formally signed up to complete the rest of the level 2 diploma.
One of our field based carers Emma is a great example of how successful you can be. Emma began her career with Routes in August 2011 and signed up for her diploma level 2; she recently applied to uni to study social work and we are delighted to say she has been unconditionally offered a place to start in September.
We also are able to offer many courses that are one day and or distance learning that provide you the carer or support worker with an NCFE qualification including subjects such as: safe handling of medicines, team leadership, end of life care and dementia care.
So if you are passionate about gaining employment in healthcare and want to make it a career choice please give me and my team a call, just click here to access our details.
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told