Showing posts tagged with: hospital
A former deputy chief executive of the Care Quality Commission says she was not involved in any decision to delete a critical internal review.
Last week an independent report into the CQC's investigation of the deaths of babies at Furness General Hospital found evidence of a possible cover-up.
But Jill Finney told the BBC that she and two other senior colleagues did not decide to suppress the review.
She said they agreed it "required much further work" before being published.
More than 30 families have now taken legal action against the hospital in relation to baby and maternal deaths and injuries from 2008.
To read the full story, click here.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are about to have their first baby. There are plenty of things in short supply in this situation. Sleep, for example. But there is one thing that will come in unwelcomed abundance: Advice.
Family, friends and more or less total strangers feel a compulsive urge to give advice. The royal couple will have extra advice from every attention-seeking pundit who can squeeze on to a television studio sofa.
Pressure on mental health beds is so severe that some patients are having to be sectioned to secure necessary care, a survey of junior doctors suggests.
The Royal College of Psychiatrists questioned 576 trainees working in psychiatry across the UK.
The college said its findings suggested mental health services were approaching a "tipping point" and that the situation was "simply unacceptable".
Ministers said inpatient beds should be available for those who needed them.
The survey also suggests that critically unwell patients are being sent home because no bed can be found for them.
To read more about this, please click here.
Patients in England will see rising waiting times, rationing and cuts in the number of staff unless the NHS gets more money, health bosses say.
Routes Healthcare Tameside will be collecting donations for the Children's ward at Tameside Hospital. They are looking for toys to give to the children who will be in hospital over the Christmas period. Read More
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told