Showing posts from November 2012
The pressure of looking after children while caring for elderly relatives is taking its toll on all aspects of family life, a Carers UK survey suggests.
It found that a third of "sandwich carers" had to give up work, while two-thirds said their marriages had been damaged.
The charity is calling for care services and employers to support the 2.4 million families in this situation.
Three-quarters of those surveyed said they had suffered a loss of earnings, and 95% said the pressure of caring had affected their ability to work.
When asked about family finances, 52% said the cost of caring for elderly relatives was having an impact while 50% reported they were struggling with childcare costs.
The responsibilities of caring for young and old can be detrimental to family life too, the survey suggests, with two-thirds of sandwich carers reporting damage to their marriages or personal relationships.
View the original article here.
My name is Abby Hough and I am the new Training Officer for Routes Healthcare. I am responsible for the Training of all Routes staff including nurses; child minders; and support workers.
My background has been in Health and Social Care since the age of 16, initially as a Nursing Cadet for a BMI Hospital in the private sector. For the past 5 years I been working as a Commercial Trainer for the British Red Cross – I have spent the past 2 years working and living in London. (It feels great be back up North!)
I have a real passion for training and I believe everyone should be given the opportunity to develop themselves through training. I am really excited about working as part of Routes Healthcare and I am looking forward to seeing what we can achieve over the coming months.
Most Popular Posts
- Healthcare Assistants wanted in Blackpool to care for a gentleman and lady with spinal injuries
- Routes Healthcare need experienced childminders across the North West of England
- Mental Health campaign receives additional funding
- Accounts & Payroll Trainee Vacancy Routes Healthcare - Macclesfield
- Social Worker Struck Off
- Routes Healthcare Blackpool is committed to the modern apprenticeship scheme
- Routes Childcare - The local company with the Worldwide experience!
- Cancer 'Smart Bomb' Successfully Tested in US
- Personalisation 'at high risk of failure', Norman Lamb told